Today Samuel wanted to build a rocket ship. Not just one out of cardboard boxes - a real one. Hmmm.... Not sure how to make that happen. Do any of you have a 5 year old who wants to help Samuel? Or a rocket scientist with some free time...
I told Lucy today how sweet and cute she was. Her response, "Butterfly Kitty is gonna be even cuter!"
Lucy picked out two books at the library - both about being a big sister. One was Angelina Ballerina and her baby sister. She's so excited about being a big sister and she is going to make a great one!
I'm beginning to wonder how many toilet paper roll figures we can make - Samuel spent 7-8 minutes at dinner telling me about a story he wants to make figures for. It was a story about a British village that was attacked by rock monsters that lived deep in the tunnels of a mountain. The Rock monsters could blend in with the rocks on the mountain and were attacking the people but they were learning to live next to the British village and then some giant red octopuses from outer space came and they all fought. The octopuses had a whole army but they couldn't defeat the rock monsters because they didn't have the right guns and defenses. The British soldier had a bandage on his head because they didn't have bandaids at the time in history this story takes place. OK...I could go on, but you get the picture.
I think boys really do come out loving cars, guns, soldiers, competition/sports, running and being loud. Girls really do like sweet things - even the way they play with bugs is sweet. Just my thoughts.
I was impatient with my kiddos tonight after their bath. I hate it when I'm tired and they're goofing around and I loose it. It reminds me I'm sinful too and have to work on loving them in a patient way. As I asked for their forgiveness and tucked them into bed I reminded them of the highlights of our day and how I love them and how special they are. Usually on days like that I especially love to go in and watch them sleep, pray for their sweet hearts and enjoy them...while they're quiet and asleep...and pray that God would make me a better Mama for them. Lord give me patience to love them well, wisdom to know when and how to discipline them and forbearance to live with and embrace their childish/child-likeness that often irritates me but is not wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment